1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour your pan. I used a non-stick one, saves all the hassle of this step.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
5. Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35-40 minutes. Check with toothpick.
6. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups icing sugar
1. Cream butter and cream cheese. I used a mixer for this, using the pastry extension, so that it wouldn't get clogged.
2. Add vanilla and icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
Then frost your cake and pop it into the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. Or leave it there overnight. Or take a bite if you can't resist this moist, sugary goodness.
As I mentioned earlier, this was a breakfast treat, so I made it the night before and kept it in the fridge till morning. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of the entire thing because the Cake and Cookie Monster, *cough* my Dad *cough*, and my sister had already found it.
As for my family's reaction... they all said it was amazing! My Dad and Mom said that I should use a little less sugar next time, but my sister, who can never get enough sugar into my system, said it was perfect. So this is awesome for all you sweetaholics out there. There was no cake left after just 3 hours so I'm guessing that's a pretty good sign that it was a success. As for me, I loved it! Try it, you won't regret it!